Classic Macaroni & Cheese with Crispy Bacon
- SERVES 6
- COOK 30 mins
- PREP 20 mins
- 500g Serena Macaroni
- 125g butter
- 125 flour
- 750ml Full Cream Milk
- 250g White Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 50g Grated Parmesan, plus extra for sprinkling
- 200ml Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 150g bacon, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Bring 1 litre of water (per 100g pasta) to the boil and add salt to taste. Add Macaroni and stir occasionally. Cook for 7 minutes or until ‘Al Dente’. Drain and set aside.
- On medium heat, melt butter in a pan and then add flour and whisk together until it forms a roux (+-3 minutes).
- Stir in 250ml of milk until combined and then the next 250ml until all milk has been added.
- Add grated cheese and parmesan and once melted and well combined, add the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- At the same time, fry bacon pieces using canola oil in a separate pan until crispy.
- Place the cooked Serena Macaroni into a large casserole / oven dish and pour cheese sauce over the top. Add cooked bacon and grated parmesan to create a layer on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Serena Products Used in this Recipe
Review Our Recipe